Latest update (Oct 3, 2012):
Thanks to everyone who made it tonight. We had 4 freshman moms, 1 JV mom and 10 varsity moms present. We have over 120 kids in the football program. Just a reminder that the Touchdown Club is here for all families to be able to voice there thoughts and offer their help with the football program. Football is so much more than just the games. We would like to offer snacks at each game, help build team spirit through things like the Lawn Chair picninc, foster school pride with programs and spirit wear , and recognize our accomplishments through our awards ceremony.
We have had college clinics, offered moms camp, and helped subsidize the new jerseys…just to name a few things. Our coaches work so hard trying to get your boys successful on the field, to build their confidence and help them develop skills that will be with them for a lifetime. As parents, we have the opportunity to help foster the other aspects associated with the sport of football.
In our current economic times it is very difficult to provide for 120 boys with just the funding provided by the school system. That is why the Touchdown Club tries to fill in the gaps. Any help we can get, even if you can’t make the meetings would be greatly appreciated.
Tonights meeting covered the following:
- We could use volunteers at the remainng home games to help sell raffles for the beautiful Titans corn hole game the Dive’ls very graciously made and donated. Drawing for that will be at the last home game of the season.
- Homecoming is next Friday, October 12. We could use volunteers this Saturday to meet at the Noffsinger farm at noon to work on the football float. We need large pieces of card board, staplers, zip ties and duct tape. Lori Stup will bring all the left over senior cut out supplies. Bonnie Markward and Lori Barrick will bring items to look “watery.” Any donations of old water goggles, flippers, or othe “under the sea” items would be great…as would bags of candy for the boys to throw.
- Senior night is fast approaching. Senior dinner invites hosted by the coaches will go out soon.This will be Monday October 29. Senior night is the last home game against Oakdale, Nov 2nd. Bonnie Markward is coordinating senior bios for football and cheer leading, Amy Wilkens will coordinate with the band. Kim Whitley wil handle flowers,Kelvin Anderson is announcing and Mr. Jauregui and Mr. Schadley will take pictures.
- Awards dinner and ceremony will be Friday , December 7th. We’d like to thank Shelli Cornwall for getting a great price from Jersey Mikes Subs. They will be catering our main dish and it was decided that we should ask each team to contribute drinks, chips and desserts. This would allow us to provide the awards dinner/presentation at no cost to our players, coaches or families. We will still need help with set up, serving and cleanup.
- Discussion was also held about assisting with the cost of pink socks for the month of October. Each team is handling their socks differently and you should wait from instruction for your coach or team mom on this.
- The website was also brought up. We would like to apologize that in all the hustle and bustle of a new sesaon it has not been updated. Information has gone out regularly from team moms but we recognize the website is also a good resource when maintained. Steps are in progress to update this and we will look in the off-season on possible revamps as needed. If anyone has a desire to take on this project please let me know.
Our next meeting will be Tuesday, November 6th to finalize the awards dinner and lay out the plans for next year. We would love to see as many parents as possible. More hands mean more things we can do for our teams.